free website stats program Canadian tire prices | Harley Davidson Forums

Canadian tire prices

kemo

R.I.P
Last week I changed the rear tire for Nakkers. He went over to Port Huron Michigan to pick up his tire at the Harley shop to save a few bucks. I was suprised to see that the tire had a Parts Canada label on it. Does this mean that a Canadian distributor is supplying parts to the US and the US dealer can sell them back over the counter to us cheaper then a Canadian dealer can sell to us. No I wonder I try not to support my local dealers
kemo

This is the same old story of the Canadian consumer getting ripped off and charged more for everything because our dollar has always been way below par with the U.S. buck. Well our dollar is pretty close to the green back and has been for a couple of years now, but you sure don't see the parts supplier's or Deely lowering the prices we pay. There are thousands of items in Canada we pay more for then our U.S. cousins do. This has bothered me for as long as I can remember and I try very hard not to buy from Canadian Harley shop's unless necessary, my bike is a U.S. model and I love travelling in the States. If it wasn't for the great weather in Canada I would move south myself and may do so when I retire.

I buy my tires online and pay an independent to mount and balance for me. What restrictions exist for Canadiens regarding buying online? I ask because I rarely, if ever, see mention of this option from riders north of the border.

The shipping and especially the brokerage fees kill any benifit for Canadians ordering from the US. If you live near the US border there are places that you can ship to and they will notify you when your shippment has arrived. In Port Huron Michigan there is a place called Bluewater Shipping Depot that charges $5.00 for a shippment up to 50 lbs. You then go across the border and pick up your package, I suppose that it is up to you if you want to declare the item or not.
kemo

This is the same old story of the Canadian consumer getting ripped off and charged more for everything because our dollar has always been way below par with the U.S. buck. Well our dollar is pretty close to the green back and has been for a couple of years now, but you sure don't see the parts supplier's or Deely lowering the prices we pay. There are thousands of items in Canada we pay more for then our U.S. cousins do. This has bothered me for as long as I can remember and I try very hard not to buy from Canadian Harley shop's unless necessary

Ditto...
Much cheaper to purchase from the states and have shipped up here:s

Even with ridiculous shipping prices it is still cheaper buying tires online from the States than buying in Canada. The problem is finding a dealer to install! Most HD dealers will only install a tire they import. They will quote safety concerns.... old inventory online... any excuse to discourage online purchases. I had a tire that I bought online installed by an independent and it cost $100 to install.
Now that our CDN dollar is outpacing the US dollar by 4 cents you would think we could get a break.

There's no winning.

Back