free website stats program Canadian Snowbirds | Harley Davidson Forums

Canadian Snowbirds

Breeze3at

Experienced Member
Our Manitoba friend RonKimCotton.png RonKimCotton.png Geezer and his lovely wife Kim, have been visiting in my area since Friday 11/25.
We've racked up a bit over 700 back road miles together this week. Our weather has been great for riding, cool mornings and pleasant afternoons. Being a retired farmer, Ron has been having a great time seeing all of the Georgia agriculture. And is eager to stop and check out all the big equipment parked in the fields. Geezer and Kim left my house at noon today, headed further South for a while.

I have only met Ron once, but he is someone I would like to spend some time with and get to know better

Hi Ron, from Russ and Stacee, hope you are enjoying the warmer climate. Just by coincidence, we are in Palatka Fl. as I write this. We will be here until Tuesday. Come see us!!

MAN, THEM CANUCKS sure like to Ride Around the USA...

They are Scheduled Down and Over here AGAIN in March-April of 2017...
Pre rented a Condo for them... Mid march thru mid april when it is Fairly Warm here in SE Corner of Az, 50 miles above the border of Mexico on Hwy 191.... HOT here for them tho, com'n from the COLD North... Lol...

Last year when down here, Ron (geezer) Stole Kim's New battery he put into her bike up in Canada, as she didn't ride at home as much as he did, made a Swap early before their trip down...
YEP, First day out 85 miles from their rented condo and where geezer had all the tools in that fancy New trailer to Rebuild any bike "IF" needed...
Her battery (geezers OLD ONE) went DEAD... HE Just about went DEAD Too when she heard him Fess Up to the switch... Lol lol lol lol

We rode to HD of Sierra Vista 80 miles away Me on my King with my wife on board *** to get an EXPENSIVE one as the Canadian $ rate was Not in Their Favor... 140$ US not good...

***She had Her Pay-Back as she rode bitch seat and she did Chew His Ear... Leaving her Softail at the watchful eye of the Road Runner Deli and Chevron Fuel stop friends or ours was NOT in her plan...

All well that ends well... I asked geezer? what are you changing out this year from Kim's bike?
No response was given. Think he'd just like to forget that event...

signed....BUBBIE

Last edited:
That's a true story BUBBIE but did you have to tell everyone how cheap I am? ;)

We're sure looking forward to March in Arizona. Today our temp is a balmy -25 without the wind chill. It's fresh outside!!

WELL well geezer.... You woke up from your Hibernation and WAY Early Too... -25, No Way would I survive up there...

I ride with my Legion Riders tomorrow to our usual Breakfast meeting at the HorseShoe in Benson.
You know the place that serves the Huge ham slice 1 1/4 inch thick that covers half their Big plate, two eggs over hard, Real sliced rounds of potatoes,english muffin with real butter... Lot of Strong coffee... $11.98 with Tax...

That is the place I left my take home ham when we ate there... That Ham is Wayyyyy more than a person can eat, so 1/2 gets covered by plastic wrap and again with Tin Foil... I won't forget (Again) to Pop it into the saddlebag for tomorrow's meal at home...

Today would have been a Great riding day COOL but 68* and no wind. Tomorrow is Cooler at 58* and wind. I will dress for it and ride.

Monday it hits 73* and following days are all in the 66,69,69,69 degrees's... Mostly Sunny Days, a few clouds here and there No wind or rain...

We should be Blessed again this year in middle of march... 75* to 85* and maybe a few 90* if we are lucky...

Well geezer, Go Back to your Winter Hibernation and Dream of the rides you'll have down here... Happy Napping...

signed....BUBBIE

Here is the Original Blurb I wrote:

Another ride with the Canucks in tow : My wife and I on my 09 King, along with Ron n Kim on their 09 Softails, headed 85 miles west to Sahuarita, AZ... A good staring point for a wonderful ride thru the mountains up n over to Sonoita then right to Patagonia... All two lane Harley roads with Nice views all along the way...

The Road Runner Deli Chevron station, located At Sahuarita, is west from geezers n Kim's Arizona, Lightly lived in apartment...

85 miles getting there and topping up with 91 octane Chevron that would last thru the rest of the planned ride. We also took on Food at the Deli in the forum of Fresh made grilled sandwiches n fries... Yummmmm

All was going Just about AB Normal... We mounted our Steeds and guess what ? Kims 09 Softail would not Start... Got her there Just Fine but Not a PEEP from it...

Of course geez and I being the HOT HDTimeline mechanics Knew right off what the problem was... BATTERY... So Ron took off the seat n me looking-on with my hands in my pockets...
I asked IF he was going to Jump the bike to see IF it would run.... Yes, he thought to, but NO Jumpers...

I went into the station and Bought (WITH geezers US 20ies) a set of Bike Jumper cables. Nice long soft copper wire ones Made Just for Bikes ...Lot of motorcycles travel this way n the station does Cater to them...

We found a lady in a car that had time to Jump us... But still No Start...

geezer Knowing this in ADVANCE and NOT saying a Word until THEN....
Ron with lowered head, squeaked out : It needs a New Battery.... Kim said "Ron, you just put a new one in before the trip"....

Now LISTEN to this...
geezer Fessing-up saying: Yes, I bought you a new battery right before the trip... I was checking the one out in MY 09 softail... It checked good and I Thought I'll just put MY GOOD Old one in YOUR bike and the new one in Mine... Kim rides Way Less than I do...

YEP he knew right off what the problem was.... HIS OLD Battery had Shorted out.

The Closest HD Retailer was 85 miles away... So Kim rode You Know... On the back of Ron's bike with him...
HD was a little way beyond the planned ride, so not too much deviation needed...
Calling ahead, Sierra Vista HD had a new one fully charged up when we got there.

Kim said she liked the ride To HD and Back to the Deli where we left her bike... geezer put that NEW battery into Kim's Bike. Started Right up... ALL were SMILES...

I asked Ron, "Hey, Aren't you going to put that new battery in YOUR bike?..."

IF Daggers could have been tossed from Kim's Eyes, we would Both be dead...

So another Happy Ride and Ending Peacefully I might add. Kim is a Great Gal... and her bike has the NEW Battery....

geezer's story Might Vary slightly but Not Much Eh....... LOL...

signed....BUBBIE

Quite Often I am Right so Forgive me when I'm WRONG!!!.......

Back