free website stats program Can you mod stock pipes on a Heritage Softail? | Harley Davidson Forums

Can you mod stock pipes on a Heritage Softail?

n4neil

I've just bought a 2006 (1450) Heritage Softail and the stock pipes are a bit tame. I've tried V&H long shots but toooooo loud!

Is there a way to mod the stock pipe slip-ons to make them sound a bit meaner..?

If you alter the stockers, they sound poorly. Many have tried it only to ruin a good pair of mufflers that may be needed when EPA gets tougher.

Not really worth the time IMO, You will not like the tinny sound when done

As others have said, you probably won't like what they end up sounding like. A buddy of mine did the same on his sporty, he ended up trashing the stocks and getting slip-ons. There is a large variety available and prices vary as well.

Im keeping the stock mufflers in the barn just in case....No its a shop in a barn .....no cows...Not that I dont like cows..:)..Ok..Im done.

I guess I'll be the first and maybe the only to disagree with all the other posters. I drilled a 1 1/4 hole (if my memory is right) threw the center plate in my stock mufflers and they sound great. Others have said my bike sounds good and I've done this mod for a couple of friends rides and they're real happy with the sound. They look the same as the inside of Reinhart mufflers now. The bike is louder now but not obnoxious. It will bark if I twist the throttle though. Anybody want a set of poor sounding Cobra's?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey mat 60, I like cows....t-bone cows, rib-I cows, hamburger cows. LOL,LOL MOOO!! MMMMMMMM!!!!
wilks3 :D

Last edited:
Back