free website stats program can some tell me what else to check charging problem | Harley Davidson Forums

can some tell me what else to check charging problem

Jon Berndlmaier

I have a 05 wide glide and I installed a new battery, new battery cables, stater, rotor, regulator, still not charging, tested the stater and rotor, all came up good, put in a new 1.4 kw starter, tested all the test you can do for the stater and they all passed, tested the diode,s on the old regulator and the new one, they come up good. the 40 amp fuse is good. I ordered another regulator just in case the other new one is bad.
I am going to test the leads from the battery side plug from the regulator and do a few more test on the regulator if I find out what it is I will post it up.

thank you very much I will do those test today if I get a chance.
keep on riding

I did your test, using the test light I got nothing on the 3 pin connector, but using the volt meter at the highest setting I did get voltage
there for with all the test that I did on the stator and the leads, the regulator is bad and I already ordered a new one, now I can send the other new one back with the knowledge knowing that their regulator is bad.
Again thank you very much for your help.
keep riding and keep it off the ground

Last edited by a moderator:
I did your test, using the test light I got nothing on the 3 pin connector, but using the volt meter at the highest setting I did get voltage
there for with all the test that I did on the stator and the leads, the regulator is bad and I already ordered a new one, now I can send the other new one back with the knowledge knowing that their regulator is bad.
Again thank you very much for your help.
keep riding and keep it off the ground
Good on you, HD has had alot of problems with off shore regulators, now you know the final test

Back