free website stats program Can I install pipes, breather, and map without voiding my warrenty? | Harley Davidson Forums

Can I install pipes, breather, and map without voiding my warrenty?

Briankj

I have a 2011 FatBoy Lo. I'm wanting to install a v&h 2n1 big radius, v&h breather,and a V&H programmer. Will this void my warranty???

Easy way to find out is ask your dealer.

I agree there, some dealers will tell you that ANYTHING you do will void your warranty but that's just not true. If you make a modification and that modification damages something, then that part or system will not be covered. If you were to make some mod to lets say the engine and the transmission bearing goes bad, they would have a difficult time connecting the two and voiding the warranty on the transmission.

Best to ask the dealer like mentioned above to see how they stand on the issue. Different dealers have different views on this issue.

Since I'm guessing the dealer would do the map and you the pipes and breather they shouldn't give you any trouble with warranty . There aren't many new bikes that roll out the door without those mods and they are covered under warranty . The only thing you should consider is whenever you do your own work that could give the dealer an excuss to refuse warrany but only if you did something wrong to cause the problem , as Glider states even you do your own work everything should be covered but some dealers can be jerks . We all want to save money and doing it ourself is one way .

I went thru the same thing in 07 with my FLSTN, I heard different dealers
tell me one thing so I called the factory cause my buddy got a softail and had
them install the V&H before he picked it up. You will not need a remap if
you use the fuel pak you program your self. I did it myself.

What you ask the Dealer is: "If I have you install these items will it void the warranty?" If He gives you the answer you want then you install it yourself.:)

briankj
My dealer told me if they installed the mods they would not void the warranty so I had them install the 110 kit, V&H bigshot staggered and screamin eagle pro race tuner the big sucker came with the kit. They kept there promise and did not void the warranty

briankj
My dealer told me if they installed the mods they would not void the warranty so I had them install the 110 kit, V&H bigshot staggered and screamin eagle pro race tuner the big sucker came with the kit. They kept there promise and did not void the warranty

Problem here is they can't void the warranty just because you installed something unless that part caused damage and then only the system that was damaged would not be covered, not the entire warranty.

Your dealer isn't being honest with you.

Back