free website stats program Camshaft Upgrade Advice... | Harley Davidson Forums

Camshaft Upgrade Advice...

Billua

Bike is as in signature...I am looking for a mild upgrade cam set. Also, cam drive recommendations...

I do not want to upgrade valve springs.
I am not going to upgrade the jugs etc. I am going to stop at performance cams...

I truly love this bike and it's performance but, I cannot leave well enough alone and upgrading cams seems like a good play from where I am...:D

S/F

Bill

2008 FLSTC. Cobra Pipes and EFI Tuner, Stage 1 air cleaner..

Last edited:
Hobbit, you rock!

I will look at those you mentioned...As you may have guessed, I am looking for more pull at the lower Rpm's...

Cheers,

Bill

Check out woods cams also if you want bottom end mid range he says its all about torque with his cams

im sure S&S does um too .. about anyone who would make a cam should .. if i was chaging mine i would go with a woods set up .. maybe that snazzy belt drive too

me im going the whole hog so to speak , big bore, high comp, flowed heads and big cam and even if funds allow i may go turbo/supercharged and forgo the motor work

yeah but your nuts :newsmile070:

Bike is as in signature...I am looking for a mild upgrade cam set. Also, cam drive recommendations...

I am not going to upgrade the jugs etc. I am going to stop at performance cams...

I truly love this bike and it's performance but, I cannot leave well enough alone and upgrading cams seems like a good play from where I am...:D

S/F

Bill

Here are some resources for you:

Choosing a Cam

http://www.andrewsproducts.com/PDF_files/2008-catalog.pdf

They describe briefly the expectations for each cam type starting around page 3 of the catalog. Glider has included the following technical specs on a variety of cams (in Cam Specifications):

http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/download/HDMasterCamSpecs.pdf

I wanted more lower end torque, and so went with AP 21N (upgrading to roller chain set).

Good luck with your project.

TQ

Attachments

• HDMasterCamSpecs.pdf
    52.1 KB · Views: 21

S/F

Bill

You already have the roller chain in your bike so you are OK there.

As far as cams, without going too far into the performance gallery of the bigger cams, the SE 203 will wake up the motor nice and brings in the power band in the low RPM's nicely. It's a big improvement over the stock EPA cam that is in there now. Depending on your dealer, it should not impact the warranty of the motor either.

Last edited:
Thanks Glider!

As always, you provide a ton of information.

I will report back with my selection and results!

Cheers,

Bill

Back