free website stats program Cams | Harley Davidson Forums

Cams

hoghunter

I am going to have the cam adjusters checked on my 2006 Ultra this winter and a mech. I talked to is recommending I change the cams. I have SE 203's and he is suggesting Andrews 26. It is 95 cu. in. with high flow air filter and Rhinehart true duals and PC3. I ride two up about half the time. Will I see any increase with the Andrews cams? Thanks

I am going to have the cam adjusters checked on my 2006 Ultra this winter and a mech. I talked to is recommending I change the cams. I have SE 203's and he is suggesting Andrews 26. It is 95 cu. in. with high flow air filter and Rhinehart true duals and PC3. I ride two up about half the time. Will I see any increase with the Andrews cams? Thanks

Are you going to have your mech up-grade to the roller chain configuration, or has that already been done when the 203s were installed?

You will have to study the spec for the SE 203s against those for the AP 26 cams. Both are designed to provide more low and mid range torque. See here:

Cam Specifications - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

Can't speak to the difference between the 203's and the Andrews 26N's, but I have the latter in my '99 Ultra and am very happy with the performance. I installed the cams when I did the roller chain conversion along with SE adjustable pushrods, Big Sucker air cleaner and a TFI unit. The bike already had a set of V&H on it.

As was mentioned in an earlier post, the 26N's are a mid range cam, come on about 1800 and are done at about 4000. The difference in performance was more than noticible. I am very happy with the outcome. Good luck

Looking at the cam spec. there doesn't appear to be that much differance in the two cams. But I'm not a mechanic either. There might be a bigger differance than I think. Any other opinions are welcome.

Went from a stock set up on my 05 FLTRI to the Andrews 26 cams and SS gear drive with V&H true duels with Python slipons and SE AC. Bike runs strong from 2350RPM loaded with two up. Nice set up.

My bike comes alive at about 2300 rpm, and is really a great set up for 2 up riding, my evo lacked the power when riding 2 up, this TC, no problem. I have a 95" kit, Andrews cams, V&H CNC ported heads, SERT, S.E. Pushrods, turned out to be a great setup.

Back