free website stats program campatiblity of led tail lamp | Harley Davidson Forums

campatiblity of led tail lamp

odie13

Hi all I was thinking about installing HD LED tail lamp 68085-08
With HD auxiliary brake light/ running light/turn signal/
conversion kit 69462-06c
Are these two kits compatible?
Is anyone out there running this combination?
If so how do you like it?
I have a 09 lowrider
Any info would be appreciated Thanks!

Are these two kits compatible?

I don't have that exact combo but on my 2009 FXDL I have something similar to that. I have the HD turn signal conversion kit along with a BAL 2 LED tailight. (brightasslights.com). This setup was plug and play and it's killer. Most likely the combo you want to use will be the same. (Plug & Play with no problems)

I left my turn signals amber and did not use the red lens covers. Never had a problem with the law.

They should work together with no problem. I just looked them up on the HD website, and there is no disclamer stating they are not compatable with stock electrical system requirements. HD is usually pretty good about stating what other stuff you need to buy. I have the run/stop/turn module and like it. Some have reported that there is not much difference in brightness between run and stop, but mine is quite brighter. The led taillight might be bright enough that you wouldn't need the run/stop/turn. Maybe try just the taillight first?

Hi Just checked out the Brightasslights site very impressive.
can't swing the bal 2 But what do you think of the BAL-3RT?
How are they adjusted do you get a remote?
Also where is the best place to buy?
I to was going to let the amber lenses on the turn signals.
Thanks a heap guys for your input

But what do you think of the BAL-3RT? How are they adjusted do you get a remote? Also where is the best place to buy?

Originally I purchased a BAL-1. I liked it so much, I had to sell it in order to see what the BAL-2 was all about. Comparing both I would say the BAL-1 packs more than enough performance for the price. Since the manufacture says the BAL-3 has the same performance as the BAL-1 (but only in a "low down" style), I can tell you that you will like the BAL-3 as far as performance.

The patterns are changed with a powerful magnet that comes with the light. There is a magnetic reed switch behind the lens that is activated with the magnet. It walks through the patterns and you remove the magnet when you have the pattern you like. The selected pattern will be retained even if the bikes main battery is removed. Also has a 5 year warranty. I am very happy with both purchases.

Can't really tell you where to buy one. I had a local dealer that was nearby me. Their website lists the dealers. :)

i went with the custom dynamics led tail light and signal light also the c.d run , brake and tail light unit ...works great and nice and bright

Hi I ended up finding a BAL-3RT on ebay for $199 plus $9 shipping from
Big Moose HD. Thats $50 less than the web site and other dealers
I just hope I like the laid back design.
The custom dynmics look like really nice units also.
So many choices, So little cash

Back