free website stats program cam ? | Harley Davidson Forums

cam ?

murf

Recently read a article in AIM about EVO performance. Article suggested Andrews 21H cam. Can't find anything on this cam, even in the Andrews web site. I'm not a hot rodder, although I do crack down on it now and again. Looking mostly for mid range and cruising. Any suggestions ? I guess it's apparent by now I read a lot, would like to eventually apply some of this to my bike by working on it myself.

I had read the same article and I was not able to find out much about it either. I was pretty set on the 26H cam or the S&S 585 but what was said about the 21H makes a whole lot of sense. It might we worth a dyno run of both cams in out 103.

Thanks, Matthew. I guess I'll keep an eye on the responses here and check it out a little more.

Hey Guys, thanks for all the info but my bike has the Evo engine and only one cam. Does TC info help me ? Or will general cam knowledge help. I don't understand lift/duration stuff. I recently gave up my '06 s. glide and am getting the '92 FXRT. I remember the power from the TC and am envisioning a smaller (EVO) engine powering a heavier bike (fairing, tourpack and hard bags) Just thought a little more torque/power would help.

That's ok, Steve07. Planning for the future mods on my bike. Only a few months from turning in my Social Security and money will be a little tight. Started a powder coat setup in the house and hoping that will supplement income. Even if it doesn't I'm having fun and helping friends.

I have an old print out I was able to print off the internet. Try a search engine and ask for H-D camshaft Specs. The Andrews 21 has a intake duration of 220 and the exhaust duration is 228 and it has a 0.498 lift on itake and exhaust.

Mike

murf the 21H is a TC roller chain cam I think, and the 21N is for 99-06 TC's ? I found no 21's for evo's, here's another link for andrews evo cams, they sugguest the ev-3 for fxrs, depends on what kind of riding you do. Have fun ftxing her up, fxr's are top of the line.

EVOLUTION 80 CAMSHAFTS

Back