free website stats program cam tensioners | Harley Davidson Forums

cam tensioners

tdj45

crazy question. 06 twin cam 88. can you tell buy looking at the cam tensioners if they have been upgraded to the new style hydraulic.

Yes but you have to pull the cam nose cone off. The old style have a spring wound around the tensioner
kemo

thanks brother

I THINK YOURS IF IT IS A 2006 ELECTRA-GLIDE,,,, HAS THE OLD STYLE...

THE FIRST new style hyd. chain tensioners were TRIED OUT in the 88 cu in 2006 dyns's along with the new oil-pump and 6 speed tranny.....

then from 07 thru todays big bikes had ALL installed THE NEW FEATURES...

HD makes an update KIT for under 500$$ for the engine modification to the new style... and if I were doing that NOW i would consider different cams at the same time....

I had installed a 6 speed gear set in my 2000 dyna and liked it very much..
I was built 95" and lots of other stuff like 570 Gear drive cams.. ALL a great success contrary to what some fellow members feel about such things...

If the newer system were available back then I would of gone with it.. MUCH CHEAPER IN $$ as my feuling oil pump and lifters cost me as much as the whole NEW system cost today...

I like the oil pump and hydraulic cam chain improvements on MY 96" 2009 FLHR as it was BADLY NEEDED BEFORE on all TC 88 cu in bikes all the way back to the FIRST 1999 TC........

as said above : the newer system LOOKS very different and no mistaking with the old system as the small fiber orange-brown shoes have changed to a big nylon style, pushing chain under oil pressure...

signed....BUBBIE

Last edited:
Back