free website stats program cam support plate | Harley Davidson Forums

cam support plate

sumplacel

I am upgrading my cam support plate due to the original has a worn out cam chain tensioner which I believe has jammed up the oil relief valve. question is wether or not I will need to ream the new bushing for the crankshaft?

I am upgrading my cam support plate due to the original has a worn out cam chain tensioner which I believe has jammed up the oil relief valve. question is wether or not I will need to ream the new bushing for the crankshaft?

Unless the cam support plate is damaged you do not need to replace it, just clean it out. However, if you are up-grading to the roller chain conversion, and are using the Andrew Products stuff, that will include a new plate.

TQ

Are you upgrading to the Screaming Eagle Kit? It includes the heavy duty cam plate, high flow oil pump and hydraulic chain tensioners. If you are going to the effort, it is well worth the investment. You mentioned crankshaft; I assume you were talking about the cam shaft(s). If you are doing this yourself, make sure you have all the necessary remover/intaller tools before you start. If this is one time thing for you, it is not worth the tool investment - any good shop can do the whole job for less than the cost of the tools.

UpGrading to Hydraulic ?

Kits from HD 429$ or Herko ?$ will have the new parts needed for conversion to Hydraulics, cam plate oil pump chains and tensioners.. You may need to buy the(2) torrington style,, cam to engine bearings (replacing HD's Ina)..

The cam-plates come ready sized for your HD...(cam plate bushing fits crank shaft)

You'll like the newer system...:bigsmiley11:

signed....BUBBIE

Unless the cam support plate is damaged you do not need to replace it, just clean it out. However, if you are up-grading to the roller chain conversion, and are using the Andrew Products stuff, that will include a new plate.

TQ

Harley Davidson Community I have read this a few times very informative:s

Back