free website stats program Cam Seal | Harley Davidson Forums

Cam Seal

Norm58

My cam seal is leaking into the nose cone and fouling up my Ignition module. Can I pull off the nose cone to replace the seal without removing the push rods, lifters etc? Don't want to pull the cam if I don't have to, just replace the outside seal.

My cam seal is leaking into the nose cone and fouling up my Ignition module. Can I pull off the nose cone to replace the seal without removing the push rods, lifters etc? Don't want to pull the cam if I don't have to, just replace the outside seal.

Quick ? -- ( and it might not make a difference ) Are you talking about a FXR model in which you posted this or the scoot your avitar states you ride , the 08 EGC?

You gotta be talking about your old bike. If you have adjustable pushrods, you can pull them out and then use some binder clip handles to hold up the lifters. Then carefully remove the nose cone trying not to pull the cam shaft out with the cover. If you are able to do this, you will be able to replace the seal without a lot of trouble. If you just pull the nose cone and the camshaft moves enough to let the lifters drop into the cam chest, you have a bigger job on your hands.

TQ

Back