free website stats program Cam Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Cam Question

gil7247

I'm going to add the SE 95" kit to my 05 Road Glide this fall. The kit I'm looking at already comes with SE 203 cams. I'm not trying to make a Hot Rod I just want to wake her up a bit and Have a nice Broad torque curve. Does anyone have any experience with these cams as compared to the Andrews 26's or 37's which would be my other choices. Thank You

I think you would find the HD 203 very similar to the Andrews 26. These two are good for more low end grunt. The 37 will give you some power a little further up the RPM scale. I tossed my 203 cams for some 211's which is somewhat along the lines of swapping a 26 for a 37. I like the 211's better personally.

I think the 203's that come with the kit should be just fine, if your not getting any head work or planning to switch out pistons.

You may want to look at the Head Quarters website.
I have been doing some research and have found some good things about their cams and other products. I am getting either the HQ tc 500 or the 0034.
Hope that helps!

I'm going to add the SE 95" kit to my 05 Road Glide this fall. The kit I'm looking at already comes with SE 203 cams. I'm not trying to make a Hot Rod I just want to wake her up a bit and Have a nice Broad torque curve. Does anyone have any experience with these cams as compared to the Andrews 26's or 37's which would be my other choices. Thank You

Purchase a set of cylinders (H-D # 16546-99 $299), a set of the big bore flat pistons (H-D #22851-99A $174.95) and the SE 204 Cam kit $269.95)
For $743 plus about 6 hrs labor you'll be fine.

I say use the 204 vs the 203 cams as the 204's close 2 degrees sooner wich may give more torque at a lower speed. We usually use the 204's in all our installs. I think you'll be quite happy!
With a set of Rush 1.75 (#15301-175) slip ons and a H-D race tuner, you definately good to go!

Back