free website stats program cam plate info. | Harley Davidson Forums

cam plate info.

greasit

Can I use the cam plate and hi volume pump kit #25282-11 in my 06 ultra with it's present gear drive setup? It has the stock plate and pump in it now with the gears. Thanks in advance

Not knowing the # part you are calling out there?

YES you can use the FULL Kit to change over... matching parts for the conversion

I Know you can't use the High Volume/Flow oil pump with the Old style cam plate and Vice a Versa old with the new style...

The oil slots in the New cam-plate are different and the pump is larger and will not work with the old pump in your 06 ultra and Vice a Versa.

The oil pump gerotors and the cam-plates need to "Match" as they are Different from old to new.
Pheeeeew.......

signed....BUBBIE

Can I use the cam plate and hi volume pump kit #25282-11 in my 06 ultra with it's present gear drive setup? It has the stock plate and pump in it now with the gears. Thanks in advance

I believe the answer is no, you cannot use that kit in your '06 Ultra and run your present gear drive setup. You will need a set of conversion cams that must also be gear drive cams. I haven't looked but offhand, I am not aware such cams exist. There were two early billet plates that would fit your application but those part numbers are now obsolete. Curretly there are only two available billet plates; 25284-11, the SE Hybrid kit and 25282-11, the '07 and later upgrade.

Your best bet would be to use the 25284-11 SE Hybrid kit so you could use your current gear drive setup. You would need the block off plates to close off the oil passages in the cam plate that feed the hyraulic tensioners. The 25284-11 kit also includes the upgraded oil pump.

Your best bet would be to use the 25284-11 SE Hybrid kit so you could use your current gear drive setup. You would need the block off plates to close off the oil passages in the cam plate that feed the hyraulic tensioners. The 25284-11 kit also includes the upgraded oil pump.[/QUOTE]

Just what the Doctor Ordered.....:D

signed....BUBBIE

I did the conversion on my 05 glide myself. I bought an 07 cam plate and then the "N" grind cams from andrews. This grind has the outer cam diameter to fit the new plate and the inner shaft diameter to fit the old case bearings. ( which I replaced with torrington).

I actually used the Andrews Conversion Kit which had all the parts and you can choose your cams. This updates your tensioners as well if your not using a gear drive.

I dropped about a grand total with pushrods and all and that was doing it myself.

I did the conversion on my 05 glide myself. I bought an 07 cam plate and then the "N" grind cams from andrews. This grind has the outer cam diameter to fit the new plate and the inner shaft diameter to fit the old case bearings. ( which I replaced with torrington).

I actually used the Andrews Conversion Kit which had all the parts and you can choose your cams. This updates your tensioners as well if your not using a gear drive.

I dropped about a grand total with pushrods and all and that was doing it myself.

One way to skin the cat but that route will not accommodate gear drive cams; can't find a conversion/gear drive cam; one or the other. OEM plate is OK for OEM cams and performance but I would not more aggressive cams, more compression, etc. in the OEM plate. Have seen too many that wear away the parent material of the OEM cam plate in less than 5000 miles. JMHO but for performance, the billet plate is the way to go.:coffee

Thanks Bub,
Thats the way i'll go. Iwant to use the billet plate with 26g Andrews cams.
Thanks guys for your help.
Greasit

Just used the 25284-11 kit on my '03. Nice piece of gear. Got mine from Kutter for $399 with free shipping.

Back