free website stats program Cam Help | Harley Davidson Forums

Cam Help

garagman

Looking at getting the brake switch replaced this weekend and was thinking about adding 255 cams and tapered rods to see if I can get some low to mid range torque. How do the 255 add up to the rest of the pack?

Looking at getting the brake switch replaced this weekend and was thinking about adding 255 cams and tapered rods to see if I can get some low to mid range torque. How do the 255 add up to the rest of the pack?

The SE255, are GOOD for the low end torque and really work well with a 96" motor.

Look at the Intake close number... Stock cams, intake valve closes at 30* and the 255's close at 25*. Making More compression and that = Power.. Yes, Torque on the lower side where a heavy bike usually needs it.

Cams with intake closing Later, like 36/40 are mostly benefitting from HIGHER RPM's and Not for MY 09 FLHR. Higher intake close cams usually require a Increase in compression as they do Loose some compression on the Later closing..

Cams are a give and take....
Not to be chosen light hearted but that 255 WILL be a good choice IF you are Not a High revving, winding out the motor to 5500 RPM every time out...:swoon

I DO like the HD Slender Tapers for the adjustable pushrods.:D

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks Trek, I think I will be satisfied as well. The only thing is I have to wait another week, the dealer could not get me in until next Saturday.

Thanks Trek, I think I will be satisfied as well. The only thing is I have to wait another week, the dealer could not get me in until next Saturday.

garageman,

Save :newsmile093: and get your feet wet....:newsmile098:

Not too hard a job to do yourself. Lots of help and plenty to read here on HDT.com..

Just Saying:newsmile036:

signed....BUBBIE

I had never been inside any motor before, and changed my cams myself with no problems and good results, and really enjoyed doing it. I re-used the stock push rods. Well satisfied with the SE 255s.

Back