free website stats program Cam Beaing Tool Report | Harley Davidson Forums

Cam Beaing Tool Report

These tools made the job go very smooth.
Have put about 100 miles on the bike since the installation of bearings and lifters.
I always thought the engine was quite as far as lifter noise before, but now I know what quite lifters sound like.
Not sure I'll ever do this again but it was a great learning experience.

I also used George's garage kit to replace my cam bearings. I bought it on Ebay and when my job was done, I sold it for just a few dollars less than I paid for it.

Have put about 100 miles on the bike since the installation of bearings and lifters.
I always thought the engine was quite as far as lifter noise before, but now I know what quite lifters sound like.
Nice Borescope too!

A cam chest upgrade for my 2010 FXSTC is on the radar so I really appreciate postings like this. I am NOT a gifted mechanic and like you, I'm doing this as much as an educational exercise as I am to just save money. This will likely be one of the last major projects I get into being older than dirt and all. I'm not at all confident that I'll actually be able to do this and not have to trailer the bike out to a shop to fix something I botched... so I'm mostly accumulating information from those like you who have gone before me. Love the bore scope inspection of the inner bearings. I hadn't even thought of that. Thank for the high quality pictures!

Great information! Thanks for sharing!

Back