free website stats program California Road King | Harley Davidson Forums

California Road King

psavage

Greetings from Canada I have aquired a 2007 Road King Custom from California (Love It) and given it a new home
My question is what California specific things are on this Bike that Doesnt need to be on it now that it has left that state.
I have read alot about all the emission stuff that they have to meet and was wondering what the differences are if any to bikes sold out of California

Thanks

Pat

Usually the Cali bikes have cats in the exhaust, the carbon evap canister and associated plumbing, different air intake sometimes with a solenoid like the HDI bikes and I believe the cam is different too but not completely sure on this. They do have lower numbers on the engine power because of this too.

Thats what I figured so is there any fixes that can be done to get rid of the stuff?
Any Ideas or experiances
I am not a performance junkie as the Bike does exactly what its suppose to do but It would be nice to see it reach it full stock potensial and I would like a little more noise out of the pipes as well.
I think the bike is still in cold weather shock.

P

Only way is to remove and store the added parts and check into the cams to see the specs on them compared to other state cams.

You can upgrade with stage 1 intake and aftermarket exhaust but then you have to add fuel too otherwise it's too lean and that could be a problem with inspections unless you go with the TFI that can be removed without a trace and reinstall the stock parts for inspection day.

We dont have inspections up here after the initial import inspection so I am thinking of doing the intake and exhaust . The problem is that I know nothing about either one of those the last bike I owned was a good ole carberated old tech bike so all of this electronic stuff is neww to me
Is there a place in the comunity that will explain how to approach these mods correctly?
Thanks for all your help

Pat

The self help is great I have been lost in there for days now
The one thing that I have not found out though is weather the California ECM is Different than the other bikes and is it mapable to acomadate even Harley slip ons and a stage 1

P

You could compare part numbers between ECMs to find out. The map may be replaceable but I doubt you could get it done in Ca. You would have to go outside the state.

that is a great idea you would of thought a partsman by trade like me would have thought of that

Thanks again

Pat

Back