free website stats program California Duster | Harley Davidson Forums

California Duster

xlcruser

Anybody use one of those California Dusters on there bike? I had one years ago I used on a new car and it worked great. The one I was given says it will work on Motorcycles. I have the Vivid Black paint so it's always dusty and I'm always careful about scratches. Oh, and yes I do Pledge. So anybody use this duster?

Actually the older ones work better than the new ones. R44S is correct though, the bike has a lot more "nooks and crannys" , but still works for quick cleanup.

I use both the California duster and a Swiffer duster.
The Swiffer duster fits into all the smaller nooks and crannies with great results.
Dave

Anybody use one of those California Dusters on there bike? I had one years ago I used on a new car and it worked great. The one I was given says it will work on Motorcycles. I have the Vivid Black paint so it's always dusty and I'm always careful about scratches. Oh, and yes I do Pledge. So anybody use this duster?

I use it, and you're right about being concerned about the scratches. I park my bike at work and at the end of the work day my bike gets a healthy sprinkling of dust on it. So when I get it home I'll get out my California Duster and very lightly get the dust off. It works well. I like to keep my bike fairly clean but i don't like to wash it & wax it all the time (about every two weeks works for me, depending) so in between I'll do the aforementioned. I just wanted to point out that you don't have to buy the "California Duster" you can go to Wal-MArt or Ocean State Job Lot (where I bought mine) and purchase a knock off that works just as well.
As an aside, it also works well around the inner Fairing where it cleans around the gauges pretty good.

Glad you brought that up. I just found mine the other day. Hadnt seen it for years. I washed it up and it looks like new. I'll have to give it a try.

Back