free website stats program Cable Lube | Harley Davidson Forums

Cable Lube

Thank you for the links. Was just looking to see the latest and greatest in cable lubes, since its my start of sturgis-prep time.

I use INOX. I buy it at the dealer and it works great. It comes with a long needle tube. Just open your throttle cover or clutch cable and slide the tube right into the cables. No mess and it lubes well. FWIW I never use WD40 on anything I am trying to lubricate. It is for water displacement (WD) and not continuous lubrication. I also use Break free CLP on some things other than cables which can be foud at most gun stores. I use it on all my guns and slide mechanisms and it lasts a long long time.

I've been using TRI Flow for years. Have yet to have a cable failure.
Another good one is Break Free's CLP, good enough for my guns good enough for a cable.
I do not recommend WD40 as a cable lube, it will evaporate away. It is however very good to flush out liner before you lube cable. Use a good tight lube injector.

I have used silicone spray and WD40, when I was out of silicone. As mentioned above better than nothing at all.

I use the stuff from HD. It has a needle on the end so it's easy to inject the lube down the cable right where you need it without a mess.

Back