free website stats program Cable Lengths | Harley Davidson Forums

Cable Lengths

Erikb

I have a 1998 electra glide flhtcu ultra classic that has 12 -14 inch bars on I need to replace my cables where there old I had just purched this bike for 4000 with taxes but I'm not sure how long my cables should be I've looked them up on Google and it's calling for 44.5 cables for throttle I'm confused I want to make sure I get the right ones.. can anyone help.. the bike bogs down while riding like I'm not getting the response I should be where cables could be stretched as well as needing a good carb clean.. if anyone knows if I'm able to get stock cables or need a 3+

Attachments

• IMG_20230227_064427_879.jpg
    IMG_20230227_064427_879.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 4
Get yourself a cloth tape and measure what you have. If they're too short add whatever you feel you need and then order that length. Most cable mfgrs provide measuring instructions and can also make custom cables if needed.

Welcome to HDT from Alabama.
Good advice from ThunderRogue, You can find them in the sewing section like at Walmart.

This is my thought.
At the throttle look at the plate movement as you rotate to the grip to wide open,
Does the plate go wide open? Does the position change as you swing the bars to full left and then full right?
On the cable housing there should be an adjustable sleeve, is there any adjustment left?
When was the fuel filter changed? These filters are small and bogging down and no misfire would make me change the fuel filter than ride it to see if there is a response improvement.

Back