free website stats program Buying Kuryakyn Mini ISO wings? | Harley Davidson Forums

Buying Kuryakyn Mini ISO wings?

karl55

Hi All,, I am thinking about buying the mini ISO wings for my 2008 1200 sportster to replace my Standard foot pegs (NOT forward controls). My question is does it interfere with the shifter or brake operation? Are the mini floor boards better than the foot pegs? and please give me comments you may have about the subject before I buy the floor boards. Thanks for your help...

The Mini-wings similar to floorboards, will require you to adjust the shift lever up to allow your feet to get under it to upshift and be high enough to make you to lift your foot up slightly to down shift fully. Here is where you will have to adapt similar to the bagger/touring crowd, and are at the crossroads as to whether you would like to have "heel and toe" shifting. Some riders adapt to H/T shifting while others never do and prefer to toe shift only, so they have more room on the floorboards. Your call as to what you prefer. You will have to remove the locking bolt completely to reset the shift and brake levers as the bolt helps provide added assurance the shift lever does not rotate along with the shift/brake shaft serrations/knurled teeth.

Thanks NEWHD74FAN, Thanks for the info...With this information you passed on I am going to wait till my warranty expires in August before I make any changes. I will be taking the bike in the it's 1000 mile check up in a few weeks. Can't wait till the dealer goes over the cycle it really needs a good adjustment. Again Thanks for the info and quick response...

Thanks NEWHD74FAN, Thanks for the info...With this information you passed on I am going to wait till my warranty expires in August before I make any changes. I will be taking the bike in the it's 1000 mile check up in a few weeks. Can't wait till the dealer goes over the cycle it really needs a good adjustment. Again Thanks for the info and quick response...

What I would suggest is putting a crash bar on the bike with the ISOs on the crash bar and leave the pegs where they are. That way once you are up to running speed you can put your feet up and cruise!!

TQ

Be aware that not all dealer service is equal. I've had parts / bolts fall off on the way home. It would be to your benefit to give it a look over before and after your service. IMHO

I've got Kury Swingwings and SwitchBlades. I have forward controls and had the Swingwings in front. They feel like floorboards in riding position. They are inconvenient to open and although comfortable in extended position the angle of the main peg when open is awkward on your boot heel. I have now put the Switchblades on and they are easy to use and comfortable in a forward control position. They could also be mounted to a crash bar. The Swingwings are now passenger pegs and give some added comfort and legroom.

What I would suggest is putting a crash bar on the bike with the ISOs on the crash bar and leave the pegs where they are. That way once you are up to running speed you can put your feet up and cruise!! TQ

TQ brought up a good point...if you are thinking of adding foward footrests for crusing, having any type of forward foot rest is a plus with either pegs or mini wings. My setup has 4 positions, and frankly on long trips I have used them all. Mids for control in rough and tumble roads when two-up, forwards for normal riding w/controls, fold down highway pegs for stretching out if I get cramps and all the way up top Lindby rests if I am on a long super slab with little or no traffic. :D

SaddleView.jpg

Last edited:
Back