free website stats program Buying a "USED" Fuel Pak | Harley Davidson Forums

Buying a "USED" Fuel Pak

Would you buy a used fuel pak at a great price, from an unknown person ??? It is supposed to be new last year and only used for a few months ?? The price is about 1/4 the price of a new one ... I am in the U.S. They are out of the country >>> thanks, Don

Plus, dealing w/long distance company if there's a problem will pretty much be non-existant. I ordered a CATV line filter from China & didn't know their version of RG6 connections were different than US. China has finer thread so the filter didn't work & was "luckily" only out $15. Heed the warnings - if it sounds too good to be true - then it's not worth the headache...Cheers!

Have to agree with the previous posts. Since it is overseas, you do not know how long it will lay around customs before it hits the States!

I just sent my fuelpak to Vance & Hines because it died after 7 months use. They are going to repair or replace it free of charge which is great.

Now, if the guy selling it doesn't guarantee it won't be DOA I would have to pass on it. If it still works you have to wonder why he is selling it so cheap.

I think I would pass on used Electronics and question why would someone be getting rid of it in the first place not to mention if it doesnt work well, you get the idea :newsmile100:

ask him for the orig. bill of sale or recpt. if its bad send it back to V & H

if its 1/4 of the price that should be about $ 50 buck but make sure its the right model # for yoiur bike

Back