free website stats program Butterfly Carb to CV Easy Changeover | Harley Davidson Forums

Butterfly Carb to CV Easy Changeover

Gregorylr

IMG_20200610_084021.jpg IMG_20200614_170305.jpg IMG_20200614_170305.jpg IMG_20200614_170305.jpg IMG_20200614_170305.jpg

I wanted more reliable carb for my 87 fxr ,didn't want to spend a fortune on S&S ,but I would have if buying a new one. So I found a nice rebuilt CV Carb off an 89 softtail. I had just put new flanges and seals on my S&S butterfly intake and really didnt want to change over to a new CV style intake. ( it's a pain getting my old hands on there ). So I saw a butterfly to cv adapter on Lowbrow Cycle website and ordered it and a cv carb mounting bracket and a cv rubber boot ! It worked out great ! The flange to round hole adapter is a nice aluminum billet adapter.The bracket lined up perfect but set out about an inch and quarter from the mount holes on the heads. Picked up 2 bushings from tractor supply and cut to fit the space between carb bracket and heads. It worked out solid . Painted bushings black and made a choke mount out of railroad spike mounted below tank on right side. The enriched cable wouldn't reach across to left side old mount bracket. Running really well now!

Last edited:
Back