free website stats program Bummer! | Harley Davidson Forums

Bummer!

Jeff Klarich

Experienced Member
Contributor
Broke my shift linkage yesterday and my local dealer is closed until Tuesday. Guess it will get a good wax job while I sit on the side lines! :(

HMMMMM, H D has gone cheap on the shift linkage, they used to be stout heim joints, my Streetbob has gone thru 2 linkages (STOCK) til i got smart and bought aftermarket heim joint style for half the price of H D , good luck lil brother you can make linkage from ready rod or check Home Depot for heim joints for your existing shaft:s

I have a question. Would my linkage (2000 RKing) fit Jeffs bike or even an 2009's? Seems like I see the part dressed up by engraving or other ways and don't remember seeing a year specified.

I have been told they break from being to rough while shifting.....

I have a question. Would my linkage (2000 RKing) fit Jeffs bike or even an 2009's? Seems like I see the part dressed up by engraving or other ways and don't remember seeing a year specified.

86 and up linkage appears to be the same:s Except softails

My friends broke when we were on a ride, and a few zip ties held it for a few hundred miles to finish the ride.

I have been told they break from being to rough while shifting.....
What wore out was the end that fits onto the tranny shift lever. It appears it's original equipment so I guess that's not to bad for a 05. I can rig it to work until Harley opens on Tuesday.

McGruber'd shift shaft would definitely be dicey with a hot motor, traffic & leaning over to adjust. Probably not one of your top-10 most entertaining rides, by any means. :D

Back