free website stats program bummed out | Harley Davidson Forums

bummed out

I bought a 2010 Road King Classic and thought i had bought a high quality bike. Reading all the posts, I have come to realize that HD seems to be low quality and i can only hope not to have problems like those i read on this forum. I think i am becoming convinced that a Honda, Triumph or BMW should have been what i purchased. My question is to all of you that have had problems, (not maintenance problems-how to's) will you buy another HD? And if you answer yes, WHY? :34:

I bought a 2010 Road King Classic and thought i had bought a high quality bike. Reading all the posts, I have come to realize that HD seems to be low quality and i can only hope not to have problems like those i read on this forum. I think i am becoming convinced that a Honda, Triumph or BMW should have been what i purchased. My question is to all of you that have had problems, (not maintenance problems-how to's) will you buy another HD? And if you answer yes, WHY? :34:

I have always owned HD, even in the AMF days the so called darkest days for THE MOCO, Why, because I think it is the best of the best and HD R and D always gets it right:s

?'s for you ---- Why did you buy the RK? Do you think the other manf. dont have problems? What experience do you have as to "realize that HD seems to be low quality"? BTW - I own 2 & yea I'll buy another !!!!

?'s for you ---- Why did you buy the RK? Do you think the other manf. dont have problems? What experience do you have as to "realize that HD seems to be low quality"? BTW - I own 2 & yea I'll buy another !!!!

Very well said Randy:D

For what they are, a pretty good habit. Can be spendy, but the smiles are hard to eliminate. A big handful of great rides and good company sure hard to beat.

Hd has a great R+D department, some say they are overpriced. But look at what you are getting. i think they are more solid than other brands.

Also, remember, you can buy anything and have some type of problems. You only hear more of them when something is mass produced, like HD.

If you payed for a Cadillac and had problems, would you not buy another one :s Or even a Chevy or ford?

I owned a Honda 400 cmt years ago and never had any problems and my brothers owned Kaws and Hondas and never had issues or problems. I find that some of the issues discussed shouldnt be problems, wheel slap, wheel bearings failing at 15k. hard to believe. I am not upset about buying a Harley, I am surprised to see that many issues identified shouldnt be problems - not for a Harley, (in my mind anyway)

I,ve owned hondas and yamahas. All touring bikes. Had some problems with all of them. Nothing real major, same as the ultra classic I have now. I belonged to yamaha and goldwing forums, problem wise they were about the same as H.D. forums. It,s the nature of the beast. I,m gona stick with Harley.

Last edited by a moderator:
You did buy a quality bike. I owned a RKC for 5 years, never a problem. I now own a 2010 Ultra Limited and so far no issues. I've ridden Harley's for work for years of very hard riding and other than maintenance stuff no real issues. I have two friends who both had over 100,000 miles on their bikes before buying new and again no real issues. I say enjoy your ride, if you have a problem get it fixed and move on....enjoy everything that is Harley!

thanks. I like my ride, don't get me wrong and i love riding it. I just want to ride and not have worries. I am not disappointed about buying my HD RK.

Back