free website stats program BUBBIES Clutch Adjustment | Harley Davidson Forums

BUBBIES Clutch Adjustment

PaPa T

I have an 09 Heritage. Changed all fluids day before yesterday. The Primary had around 1 1/2 to 2 qts. Book calls for 1 qt. That is what I added just below clutch basket not touching. When I did my clutch the way you said when I went to adjust for 1/16 to 1/8 at lever. My adjuster is almost all the way to the end of threads. Does this mean my cable is strectched to far or is it no concern and I should just ride and be happy. Thanks for all you guys do.

Does owner manual state 1 quart or 38 oz. If 38 oz you should put that exact amount in.
When adjusting clutch, did you completely unadjust cable or collapse adjuster before making necessary adjustment at primary????
You may want to go back through adjustment procedure.

The manual calls for 32 oz. I did not take the cable all the way down as I read gliders way to do it I still had alittle clutch pressure on at the lever. I will take all the way down till I feel the lever moving then back out a 1/2 turn from there. Is that correct?

The manual calls for 32 oz. I did not take the cable all the way down as I read gliders way to do it I still had alittle clutch pressure on at the lever. I will take all the way down till I feel the lever moving then back out a 1/2 turn from there. Is that correct?

YES!!!! And you will find the clutch operation willl be perfect.

This adjustment works Great IF you don't forget to LOOSEN the cable adjuster FULLY First....
Then do the clutch pack adjustment,,,, Finish off by Adjusting the cable OUT (tighten slack) until it is set at the 1/16 to 1/8 inch loose play at the Clutch Lever handlebar ferrel...

signed....BUBBIE

This adjustment works Great IF you don't forget to LOOSEN the cable adjuster FULLY First....
Then do the clutch pack adjustment,,,, Finish off by Adjusting the cable OUT (tighten slack) until it is set at the 1/16 to 1/8 inch loose play at the Clutch Lever handlebar ferrel...

signed....BUBBIE

I tell folks that if they can slide a solid "quarter"(coin) in between the ferrel and the clutch lever housing they have got it about right. It can be a loose fit too.

Back