free website stats program Broken | Harley Davidson Forums

Broken

Hogsbreath

First of all, thanks for the invite , nice to be here . Now, why joined you all . I have an 08 FXDC with 11,000 miles . Decided to replace the back tire before a yearly road trip . Sense then , I have had major issues . One HD Shop replaced the rear bearings. Didn't Help , Another checked the front end. ZIP,...nothing . Now I have it in another HD shop and both mounts are being replaced along with a exhaust bracket that was cracked . New tire was not the issue . I'm a mellow rider that gets on it every so often like other riders . Everything that's been replaced,...needed to be . WHY?

It would help to hear it from you, but let me see if I can guess...

Actually after seeing all the issues with these 6205 wheel bearings, I would never replace a tire without changing the wheel bearings at the same time. For an extra $30, (bearing costs) it is worth knowing they are fresh. Especially on the rear with all the extra work.

New engine mounts because bike feels sloppy at high speed? Rear wheel alignment is important and may be off from the tire swap. Or it's Tru-Track time! You won't believe the difference. Not cheap but worth every penny.

Rear exhaust bracket broke. Check to make sure the FRONT support bracket is working with you and not against you. Don't just replace the bracket without making sure the front bracket is supporting some of the weight of the exhaust system. If it is biased DOWN, it just adds extra pressure to the rear bracket and it will break. The two header pipes and slip-on's are heavy. Their weight needs to be divided between the two brackets.

The bearings were replaced about 30 miles afterwords . Next time they will be changed as you stated. The mounts were replaced after about 350 miles,that is when the exhaust mount was noticed as well . I just cant figure out why it all had to be replaced . the bike is only 2 years old with 11,000 miles . This cant be normal ,...can it ?

This cant be normal ,...can it ?

Absolutely. Late model wheel bearings is common. Plenty of threads (use search) about them.

The exhaust mount could be from what I talked about earlier.

The mounts,,, well that is early for motor mounts but you did not say why you thought they were bad to start with.

These bikes run hot and vibrate a bunch. I would not sweat it. Be thankful it is not an '06..

Cool, thanks man ! Looking into True Track . The plans are to sale it this fall and get a Road Glide .I want it to be right for the buyer or my kid if I pass it to him . Have a great day and thanks for the reassurance!

Cmon also 06 WG here with 32k 1. stator self destruction. 2.false neutral (recall) 3.cracked mini apes (twice before recall) 4.fuel lines in tank chafed. 5.inner primary bearing replaced 5. battery bolt recall. but I will never trade it in. Thank god for ESP!!!!!!

Cmon, I have an 06, only issue was the Stator self destructions, MoCo paid for parts, other than that at 29K still running strong even with original bearings,
following the If is not broken why fix it mentality

Not saying the later models don't have their own set of problems because they do. At least you don't have to deal with scissored cranks like I do. But isn't your engine pre-hydraulic tensioners? That's another "not so cheap" problem. Back of my mind also something about injector spray pattern change. (?)

Man Hoople,,,, You started a:boxing:boxing Match :laugh

Glad it is You and Not Me.....

I'll stick to the fine line I defend,,,Redline,,, My Religion; OIL:newsmile055:

Just about as Tough of a subject tho'

signed....BUBBIE

Back