free website stats program Broken Shift Shaft on 1992 Dyna | Harley Davidson Forums

Broken Shift Shaft on 1992 Dyna

glen073

My son dropped in Dyna on wet pavement. Only damage besides a scrath on the clutch inspection cover was a broken shift shaft, right where it comes out of the mid primary. It has mid mounted controls. He managed to get the bike a short distance home in 2nd gear.

My question is whether this is a simple fix? Is this a part easilly accessed, once the outer primary is removed?

Thanks for any help.

It has been a while since i had my Dyna apart but i think you will need to pull the inner primary also
Harley part number = 34621-90 description shift lever which i thought was a wee bit odd but the one that you put your boot on is lever shifter you may also need some o rings

Brian

I had the spines on my shifter shaft strip out on my 09 and the inner primary had to be removed I would think it would be the same on a 92. It would be a good time to upgrade to forward controls if it somthing he been wanting to do. Wish I would have but i didnt have the funds to do so at the time.

A H D repair manual will come in handy here for Torque sequence of the bolts

Back