free website stats program Broke-in 883 Iron During Demo Ride | Harley Davidson Forums

Broke-in 883 Iron During Demo Ride

Iceman24

Well...someone will get a new 2012 Iron 883 w/new motor break-in already checked off. Took a little trek to Lincoln & stopped @ Frontier HD. Sat on new 2012 Iron & sales guy asked if I wanted to take for a test drive (he asked me). Wasn't one to turn down a free m/c ride so took it out of town & hit desolate country hwy. Had miles of open road in front/behind so let 'er rip for the 30/60/30 X10 break-in...fun stuff.

Now I need to go back & buy it...;)

I did the same thing on an '08 Road King and an '08 Street Glide. Bought the SG so someone else got a nicely broken in RK later from that dealership.

Who knows...maybe they'll accept my low offer on the bike & I'll end up with an addition to the stable..:s Wouldn't be such a bad thing - bike that gets 50 mpg.

Wonder why we hear about so many dealerships who don't let riders test ride bikes...?? I could've rode anything on the floor yesterday w/no questions asked. Just sign a waiver + show m/c endorsement & off I went.

Well...someone will get a new 2012 Iron 883 w/new motor break-in already checked off. Took a little trek to Lincoln & stopped @ Frontier HD. Sat on new 2012 Iron & sales guy asked if I wanted to take for a test drive (he asked me). Wasn't one to turn down a free m/c ride so took it out of town & hit desolate country hwy. Had miles of open road in front/behind so let 'er rip for the 30/60/30 X10 break-in...fun stuff.

Now I need to go back & buy it...;)

you know the old saying "you break it (in) you buy it....least it works for me :D

Who knows...maybe they'll accept my low offer on the bike & I'll end up with an addition to the stable..:s Wouldn't be such a bad thing - bike that gets 50 mpg.

Wonder why we hear about so many dealerships who don't let riders test ride bikes...?? I could've rode anything on the floor yesterday w/no questions asked. Just sign a waiver + show m/c endorsement & off I went.

:s After a few more miles you could sweeten the deal:s

:s After a few more miles you could sweeten the deal:s

Thanks Jack - great idea...wonder how many miles would qualify for the "demo bike" discount...:D

I know there's little/no margin on the Sportsters, but being back on that sweet little HD sports car was VERY tempting...:newsmile048:

Also, would need to figure how many day's I'd be sleeping in garage when Mrs. Ice finds out...:small3d031:

Yep Mike is definitely a high energy guy! Freaked me out the first time I shook hands with the guy. If I ever trade up I'll definitely give them a shot. Class A dealership IMO.

Back