free website stats program Brit in France | Harley Davidson Forums

Brit in France

Hi all, I'm struggling to get my 1995 HD Sportster 1200 registered here in France (Europe) because I thought that I needed a CoC (certificate of conformity) BUT, after some months of trying most, if not ALL, HD outlets in both UK and France, I discovered that because the bike is pre-2004, I in fact need a SoC?
Hence, I am exploring the options (yet again!) and it seems to be impossible to obtain that from outside USA?
Also, I wonder if there are any French HD riders on here who might know if the bike is possible to be registered in France as a "Classic", as she is over 20 years old?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated, I'm gagging to ride my new bike!!

TYIA

No idea,good luck.But they sell new bikes,and have HD dealerships in France? Too much
Thanks for replying, James.
Yes, there are several here, but they are unwilling or unable(?) to help, it seems.
I'm not seeking a new bike, I very much have my dream bike in the 1995 Sportster. Finding the info I need to register her here is all I'm after.
Thanks anyway, But just maybe there might be "someone" on here who might be able to provide "something"? We live in hope!!

Welcome to HDT from sunny AZ. Go to your local HD dealership and tell them you want to trade for a new bike but you first have to get it registered, Maybe they will be more helpful if they think they'll get a sale.

Welcome to HDT from sunny AZ. Go to your local HD dealership and tell them you want to trade for a new bike but you first have to get it registered, Maybe they will be more helpful if they think they'll get a sale.
Hahaha, I might just try that if I can't find a solution soon, Jeff!

Welcome, unfortunately, we recently lost a very valuable member that could probably offer some assistance here. Unless someone from the US, (most likely military would be my guess) has transported a bike to Europe, I am not sure anyone of us would know where to begin. Maybe an HD dealership in the states that would be closer to a military base?

Welcome to the forum from gulf coast AL. You might try to contact HD USA headquarters in Michigan if all else fails, I do not have any contact info for you unfortunately. I really do like Jeff's idea. Good luck!

No idea,good luck.But they sell new bikes,and have HD dealerships in France? Too much
Hi again James, I just did a search of the HD dealers in France, and there are 50 dealerships here, all selling new and used HD's.
France is, in comparison to USA, a very small country, so it tells you just how popular HD's are here, as in the rest of Europe.
On a personal note, I have been a fan since the 70's :)

Back