free website stats program Bristol Race | Harley Davidson Forums

Bristol Race

01dynaglide

Who is going? i'm going to leave on the 25/26th and ride up for the weekend. Should be a great ride up and back as well as a great race.

I used to LOVE this race. Been several times in years past. Still should be a fun night but, IMHO, the "Chase" has ruined this race. Just too much at stake so late in the "regular season" for the drivers to be as aggressive and care free as they were in the past.

This will be my first time to Bristol. I have always want to go. I have been to Atlanta, Daytona and Talladega several time. I'm not a fan of the new cares either. I went to Talladega this year and the July Daytona race and they were boring until it got close to the end.

Just went to the Brickyard 400 in Indy this past weekend. First Nascar race ever, pit tour, qualifying and practice on saturday etc....what a blast. We sponsor AJ Foyts (ABC Supply) Indy Car and altough I've been to a bunch of those races, it was neat to finally get to a Sprint series race. I'd love to get to a road course track to see them run there.

To be honest though Nascar lost it's appeal for me in 2001 when Dale Earnhardt died.

Its has become a very homogenized, cookie cutter sport. And I agree the chase has really upset the balance. What happens if the 13 place driver happens to win the last 10 races. Is all he gets is a checker flag???
I do enjoy watching the night races.

The chase has really messed things up and the new cars. I do not like drivers staying in the back and just riding around until close to the end of the race and then start racing. if they are going to do that lets just make all of the races 25 laps and go for it.

I agree with you 100% Doc.
I never used to miss the night race.
The last time I went was 08 and it just wasn't the same.
To be honest though Nascar lost it's appeal for me in 2001 when Dale Earnhardt died.I was a fan of his from the start of his career.
Used to be a lot of fun in the early years all my friends hated him,led to some interesting race get togethers.:D

I agree, not the same since '01. I too was an Earnhardt fan for a long time.

The Chase has ruined a good sport. Talladega and Daytona are sicking.
Gas mileage??? In a racecar???? Go slow, easy on the gas, clutch it going into corners. This is not racing.
Throw a "competition yellow" with 20 laps to go and gas'em up, new tires or anything you want! You don't lose any positions, go out exactly as you came in. Now...RACE to the finish!!!
World of OutLaws and NHRA are starting to look better and better!
wilks3
:USA

Back