free website stats program Breather kits | Harley Davidson Forums

Breather kits

KING01

I have a 2001 roadking. I have replaced stock exhaust with vance and hines big shot true duals. I want to get an air breather kit and then get a power commander to remap the bike. I have been trying to decide between the screaming eagle and the arlen ness big sucker air breather kits. Any suggestions on which is the better? Maybe another brand? Thanks in advance.

My cousin, who is an HD shop foreman, told me that the filter in the HD kit is junk after about 3000 miles and must be tossed. The one in the Arlen Ness pack can be cleaned and re-used for about 50,000 miles. He also suggested to get the dye cast one and paint it black.

My opinion is: Don't pay extra for the chrome one because you'll barely see any of it, except for the 2 mounts.

I got the Ness Big Sucker and kept the OEM cover, to keep the stock look. Look on ebay, as I got my chrome Ness kit for $100 and that included free shipping.

My cousin, who is an HD shop foreman, told me that the filter in the HD kit is junk after about 3000 miles and must be tossed. The one in the Arlen Ness pack can be cleaned and re-used for about 50,000 miles. He also suggested to get the dye cast one and paint it black.

My opinion is: Don't pay extra for the chrome one because you'll barely see any of it, except for the 2 mounts.

Ran the SE one on my springer for 20K miles with zero problems
Now using the SE heavy breather on my 09 FLHX so far so good.
The heavy breather does use a KN filter.

Back