free website stats program Brawler Seat on Tourer models -Feedback needed | Harley Davidson Forums

Brawler Seat on Tourer models -Feedback needed

Neilwillo

Hi all,
I'm thinking of fitting my 09 FLHT with a brawler seat. (51525-09). Unfortunately I will be buying it on looks alone because I cannot sit on an 09 tourer with one on it. There just isn't one around my local area in Australia.

I'm hoping that someone in the US has put a brawler seat on their bike and could give me some feedback please.

I'm interested in how easy it was to fit (there doesn't seem to be a screw hole for a single seat on my rear gaurd for one thing) and how comfortable they are to sit in? Also, how comfortable are they over rough surfaces and for long distance touring?

My 09 is an absolute pig in the rear suspension :bigsmiley29:and it bites hard over rough road (I'm going to fit aftermarket shocks soon) so I am a bit cautious about spending my money on something that is not up to scratch.:(

Thanks. Looking forward to hearing about your experiences.

Neil

I have a Brawler on my 09 StreetGlide and its a good looking seat. I'm 6'4" and it puts me lower and further back which allows me to be more comfortable. It's good for bar-hopping and maybe a 100mi run and then it starts to get a little hard. I've actually taken it on a 400mi weekend trip but it's not for weak or soft bottomed. As far as the mounting hole in the rear fender, I didn't have one on mine, I just dropped the rear shocks and raised the bike. Then I measured and drilled the hole. I also purchased an add'l nut and bolt to mount it. Overall I like the seat and the looks but it does not have a lot of padding. Hope this helps you out.

Glyd-n, thanks very much for the accurate and balanced response. It was just what i wanted to find out. I like the look of them but as I do a fair bit of long distance touring over secondary roads I reckon there are better options for the money.

Thanks again

Neil

Back