free website stats program Brake Rotors | Harley Davidson Forums

Brake Rotors

wombat457

Looking for recommendations for new Rotors/Discs (front and rear) for my 97 FLSTC.

When it comes to brakes, money is no obstacle. With that being said, I am drawn to Performance Machine Rotors and Calipers; HOWEVER, are they as good as their prices might suggest? Are there better out there that you guys are aware of?

The best all around rotors to us are stainless steel rotors. Stay away from polished or chrome rotors as the brake pad you use sintered or semi sintered do not work as well with polished or chromed brake rotors. You want everything to play nice in the sand box

Thanks Frenchie and that makes sense. At the moment I have floating rotors which they (whoever they are) claim are the best but they are noisy for some reason. Not sure if I will stay with them or go back to the standard non floating variety.

I would go with non floating rotors as the bushings that separate the actual rotor from the base wear over time as you are side loading the bushings when you are applying the brakes they look nice but not long lasting

Back