free website stats program Brake problems | Harley Davidson Forums

Brake problems

willy

Just put new brake pads on the rear of my Ultra Limited and now my brake peddle goes all the way down on the 1st.pump but holds good after that.Everytime they have to be pumped once and then they hold.I didn`t take any lines loose,just pads.This has anti-lock on it,so I don`t know if that could be it or not.Any suggestions.

Just put new brake pads on the rear of my Ultra Limited and now my brake peddle goes all the way down on the 1st.pump but holds good after that.Everytime they have to be pumped once and then they hold.I didn`t take any lines loose,just pads.This has anti-lock on it,so I don`t know if that could be it or not.Any suggestions.

Try cleaning the pistons have a read here first Harley Davidson Community obviously do not remove the rear caliper but do clean the pistons

Did you open the bleeder screw to let fluid out when you pushed the pistons back into the caliper? (A recommended technique for cars with ABS to prevent dirt from getting into the ABS controller) If you did and didn't open the master cylinder reservoir to add fluid, there might be just enough vacuum above the fluid in the reservoir to suck the pistons away from the pads and 2 strokes are needed to get them back to the "ready position" with each brake application.

Thanks to all for the input.I found the problem,the rotor was bent from tire changer.Brakes are fine now.

Back