free website stats program Brake Pads | Harley Davidson Forums

Brake Pads

RubyDee

I have done 12000 on the pads fitted. Sure that they are HD OEM.
Looks as if i may need to change in the near future,all depends on the Great british Weather, and how many miles i do over the winter.
Do i fit OEM, or is there something better.
I mean, the brakes work fine, but they could be better.
I dont want to go down the road of Fork changing and dual front discs
Dee.

I have done 12000 on the pads fitted. Sure that they are HD OEM.
Looks as if i may need to change in the near future,all depends on the Great british Weather, and how many miles i do over the winter.
Do i fit OEM, or is there something better.
I mean, the brakes work fine, but they could be better.
I dont want to go down the road of Fork changing and dual front discs
Dee.

RubyDee, use the OEM HD pads, especially if you have no issues with their stopping or endurance. Changing to performance pads will cause additional wear on your std rotors and though more resistant to fade, really do not get heated enough most of the time to be a real advantage for most street riders. :coffee

If anything, you might consider replacing the OEM HD brake hoses with their "Diamond grade" coated and braided steel hoses or equivalent, as you probably have to flush the system of all the old brake fluid anyway (make sure you use the right kind). I have them on my '04 Sportly and brake feel at the levers are no longer "mushy" and I can stop the bike with a howl, using a two finger squeeze, just like my ol' Metric. :D

Interesting comments from my Indy. He normally fits HD parts on any service.
If you want after market, a big Fan of Kuryakyn.
Had a chat yesterday, and he does not fit HD pads, unless you ask for them.
His preference is ECB, yes, they dont last as long, but are Pads meant to last forever?
Braking is much improved, specially if you fit aftermarket Brakelines.
He suggests that HD pads are to hard.
Always had a brilliant service from him, so who am i to argue!
Just something to think about.
Dee

Interesting comments from my Indy. He normally fits HD parts on any service.
If you want after market, a big Fan of Kuryakyn.
Had a chat yesterday, and he does not fit HD pads, unless you ask for them.
His preference is ECB, yes, they dont last as long, but are Pads meant to last forever?
Braking is much improved, specially if you fit aftermarket Brakelines.
He suggests that HD pads are to hard.
Always had a brilliant service from him, so who am i to argue!
Just something to think about.
Dee

Hey RubyDee, what did you finally decide to do...? Just wanted to followup on your progress! :small3d017:

I Have never had a problem with anything my indy says, so looks like i will go with the ECB pads, seems to make sense. He reckons those and maybe different brakelines should give much better braking, after all its only a small improvement that will make a difference.
Rubydee.

I Have never had a problem with anything my indy says, so looks like i will go with the ECB pads, seems to make sense. He reckons those and maybe different brakelines should give much better braking, after all its only a small improvement that will make a difference.
Rubydee.

different brakelines ???????

Back