free website stats program Brake lights | Harley Davidson Forums

Brake lights

I have a 1995 Dyna Wide Glide. I replaced the rear tail/brake light years ago with one that flashes 6 times and then stays on until I take my foot off the brake pedal. I also have aftermarket tail/brake/turn signal lights that I also installed years ago. These lights also flash 6 times when brakes applied. I rod it yesterday and the guy that I was riding with said that my brake lights were really dim. I checked it and the tail lights are dim and so are the brake lights. The headlight and front running/turn signals are bright and fine and don't dim when the brakes are applied. Could someone please advise me what the problem is. They have worked fine for years and now they don't. Thank you for your help.

I have seen quite a few taillights that leak and get very dirty inside the lens. It's only 2 screws to remove, then you can eliminate possibilities 1 by 1.

I put an LED taillight on my Streetbob a few years ago. Very bright and a low profile smoke lens really suited what I was going for with that bike.

It may be a corroded connection or ground only affecting the rear lights there should be a plug and socket under the seat where the rear wiring loom plugs in i would start there

Brian

I'm with Brian. Check the grounding side for corrosion and tightness.
WAP.gif

Back