free website stats program Brake Light Switch Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Brake Light Switch Question

t4feb

I want to install a Back Off brake light signal module on my 94 wide glide. Where would the stop switch be at? I don't want to start cutting wires before I know for sure. Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.

On my 08 softy it is in the brake line attached to the frame down by the exhaust, may be in a similar location for your 94

I want to install a Back Off brake light signal module on my 94 wide glide. Where would the stop switch be at? I don't want to start cutting wires before I know for sure. Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.

I've no experience with the Back off brand or installation on older bikes, but I think the module wires attaches somewhere under the seat where the harness connects to the brake light wires. I may be wrong, but look twice, cut once.

I've no experience with the Back off brand or installation on older bikes, but I think the module wires attaches somewhere under the seat where the harness connects to the brake light wires. I may be wrong, but look twice, cut once.

Thank you I will look twice and cut once

Quoted for truth and wisdom.

In my experience, such modules just plug in line with the cable bundle to the rear lights. Generally, no cutting is necessary, just unplug, and insert module between the plug halves just freed.

You should have 2 brake switches. One for the rear, as previously stated, and one in your right hand control (easily damaged so be care full).

Good luck,
Rich P

Quoted for truth and wisdom.

In my experience, such modules just plug in line with the cable bundle to the rear lights. Generally, no cutting is necessary, just unplug, and insert module between the plug halves just freed.

You should have 2 brake switches. One for the rear, as previously stated, and one in your right hand control (easily damaged so be care full).

Good luck,
Rich P

Thanks The Back off brand has 2 wires that have to be spliced in

Back