free website stats program Brake light 06 Sportster 883L? | Harley Davidson Forums

Brake light 06 Sportster 883L?

onich28

I'm chopping the rear fender, and removing the original brake light. I have a side mount plate holder with a light, and will be using the original rear turn signals. I've searched through the various threads, 2 of which helped the most. I've also searched for my year's schematics. I just wanted to double check to see if my assumptions are correct.

I looked at these threads:
Tail Light Wiring - Harley Davidson Community

wiring new taillight turn signals - Harley Davidson Community

(Couldn't post link need more posts, but i inlcuded titles)

Here is what I've come up with. I should try to relocate the assembly under the bike or the seat in order to keep the blinkers working properly or is there a way to bypass the assembly? The wires are the same for both blinkers purple and black.
Splice into the brake light wires for the after market brake light.

I was trying to figure out how the rear assembly worked since it looks like there is a circuit card betweent the black case and the assembly housing.

I'm a mechanic by trade, I work on construction equipment, I know how to work on electrical systems...just not motorcycles. Yet. Thank you in advance. You guys have a wealth of knowledge!

Back