free website stats program Brake Bleeding | Harley Davidson Forums

Brake Bleeding

Scrounger

Question for the wrench folks. I have a 2010 Limited that I'm replacing the controls on with chrome units so I will be swapping out the master cylinder. I picked up from DOT 4 and a simple bottle pump autozone. Question is, will that little squeeze bottle work well enough to bleed the brakes or do I need to buy a MityVac to do this properly.

Once I'm done, I know I have to get it to a dealer to have the abs bleed when I'm done.

Question for the wrench folks. I have a 2010 Limited that I'm replacing the controls on with chrome units so I will be swapping out the master cylinder. I picked up from DOT 4 and a simple bottle pump autozone. Question is, will that little squeeze bottle work well enough to bleed the brakes or do I need to buy a MityVac to do this properly.

Once I'm done, I know I have to get it to a dealer to have the abs bleed when I'm done.

Mity Vac is a very use ful tool it will work on any brake system also good for checking vacum control valves like the ones found on heater control valves on Fords and also checking vacum operated petcocks:)

If you're patient enough it'll do the job. Mity Vac would speed things up, I'm sure.

Any idea what the dealer charges to bleed them brake lines for you Scrounger? I bled brake/clutch lines every other year on my old metric, and will do the same on my new 08 Ultra. I hate having to take it in to have them bleed, but have never worked on an ABS system and understand the dealer pretty much has to do the bleeding for you, due to special tools required in the process - thanks

Any idea what the dealer charges to bleed them brake lines for you Scrounger? I bled brake/clutch lines every other year on my old metric, and will do the same on my new 08 Ultra. I hate having to take it in to have them bleed, but have never worked on an ABS system and understand the dealer pretty much has to do the bleeding for you, due to special tools required in the process - thanks

We you can't bleed the ABS yourself no matter what since it is a dealer only item. I was told 30 minutes labor to do it.

Well I appreciate. 30min not too bad. I guess they HAVE to do this job, else we'll know they've not done it..unlike the steering stem bearings scheduled maint activity that they decide is best passed over -

Thanks...

Back