free website stats program Brake and Tail light 2008 FXSTC | Harley Davidson Forums

Brake and Tail light 2008 FXSTC

gator508

Experienced Member
Thought I would post this in case anyone else has similar problems.

My buddy has an FXSTC same year as mine. On the way home from bike night a few weeks ago he found out he didn't have tail or brake lights..scary to say the least. Changed the bulb, had tailights but no brake lights., front or back. On advice from the local HD tech, he replaced the circuit board on the back of the tail light housing, no help, replaced the back brakelight switch, no help, and finally nailed it down by replacing the tail/brake light socket.

I think it's just too bad that he went through the expense of replacing items that weren't faulty.

Good point Gator508... From vibration and age the sockets become loose and or corroded which will effect bulb operation.

Good point Gator508... From vibration and age the sockets become loose and or corroded which will effect bulb operation.

Very good point here, we need to check the lights before each ride and make repairs A bit of dilectric grease will help with the corrosion problem:s

Very good point here, we need to check the lights before each ride and make repairs A bit of dilectric grease will help with the corrosion problem:s

Agree Jack, I think the factory got a little carried away with his, the stuff was gooped in like you wouldn't believe, enough to ooze out from the connections. What a mess, I was actually wondering if you can use to much dielectric grease?

Agree Jack, I think the factory got a little carried away with his, the stuff was gooped in like you wouldn't believe, enough to ooze out from the connections. What a mess, I was actually wondering if you can use to much dielectric grease?

Sure thing Gator, a little goes a long way, I can remember bulbs breaking in my hands from too much grease kind of like a strong vacum:s

Back