free website stats program Bought new Deluxe looking to trade in | Harley Davidson Forums

Bought new Deluxe looking to trade in

renop17

Need some help. I just got 2010 Softail deluxe and now thinking a Street Glide may have been the better choice. I will be taking 5-10 500+ mile trips a year. Any softail or street glide riders out there that want to give thier opionion?

Thanks

Need some help. I just got 2010 Softail deluxe and now thinking a Street Glide may have been the better choice. I will be taking 5-10 500+ mile trips a year. Any softail or street glide riders out there that want to give thier opionion?

Thanks

I have a 2003 Roadking (touring frame) with 41K on it. Before that I had a 1997 Roadking (touring frame) which I put 35K on it before I sold it. (IMHO...compared to a touring frame machine...a softail is a sub-model, but I still bought one and love it!)

With all of that being said, I am very familiar with riding HD touring frame machines.

I kept the 2003 Roadking and bought a 2009 Softail Deluxe off the showroom floor on August 25th, 2009. Since that time I have put 3K on it and just this week took it on a trip where I covered 853 miles in three days. Prior to trip, I put a windshield on the Deluxe, crash bars, and a detachable rear fender rack.

I liked the extra power and six speed offered by the Deluxe, but hands down....the Roadking with it's touring frame is much better for trips. (as in your case the Streetglide would be also)

The Streetglide with it's touring frame and contemporary look is very nice. However with you buying a Deluxe it seems you have an interest in "nostalgia". With one of the Roadkings you can keep your nostalgia theme and have a better ride with it's touring frame. Have you ever thought about a Roadking instead of a Streetglide?

Please respond.

Before I bought my new Deluxe I thought about an Ultra or another Roadking, but frankly I just didn't want two "Baggers". The retro look of a 1950's hardtail which the Deluxe offers...really spins my beanie.

Have 2 08 streetglides.We bought the wifes in June with 2k on it.She's been hinting at wanting a Deluxe as the FLHX is a little difficult to park for her.It now has 3200 miles,Rienharts,Ness big sucker,SERT,and numerous chrome add ons.

Possible remedy for the Deluxe blues?

I do like the look of the road king. Do you notice a difference in braking between the deluxe and the road king? Does the deluxe feel like a much smaller bike then the road king?

I do like the look of the road king. Do you notice a difference in braking between the deluxe and the road king? Does the deluxe feel like a much smaller bike then the road king?

First question: NO

2nd Question: The Deluxe feels just a little smaller than the Roadking. The main difference is that the Roadking has a better ride and by comparison, NO vibration.

Footnote: Many young bucks like yourself seem to gravitate to the Streetglide from what I have noticed. I think the touring frame with it's contemporary look is what draws them, but then I have not ask them such a personal question. :)

Road king/Streetglide are the same framed bike.The Streetglide comes with lower rear shocks.To me the difference was tunes.Now that Ive experienced the MP3 compatable stereo,I dont think Id ever buy a bike without that option.

No ABS nor would I want it on a bike.I work on cars everyday and they havent worked the bugs out of them yet.No way I want that nightmare on 2 wheels.Anything 08 or newer comes with the Brembo brakes..A huge improvemennt by themself.

I had a Heritage and it was roadworthy enough for trips. I would think that you should try a 500 miler before taking a beating with a trade in. They ride well enough not to seize you up. You could always use more space than just saddlebags of course, but you should really just give your Deluxe a shot and see how you like it. :)

Th Deluxe is a Great Bike, I have a 08 and Love it. I bought it for the Looks and Styling ( Nostalgia ). It is a Great Riding Bike and you should give it a chance, it seems that you just got the Bike, that would be a Hard Hit to Trade already. I have a Touring Bike so I did not want 2 and that is why I went with the Softail, something Lighter to Ride and Easy to Handle when I am not on the Touring Bike. You can Dress up this Bike if you need to Travel.

2009 Road Glide
2008 Softail Deluxe - Anniversary Model

Back