free website stats program Bought a DD7 from BAKER.... | Harley Davidson Forums

Bought a DD7 from BAKER....

BUBBIE

Saturday was Last Black Friday sale day at BAKER... So I bought the DD7 Builders Kit for my 09 King... YEP, making it NEW again.

All other parts are replaced from time to time but Not the tranny. over 114,000 miles and still good shape using Redline ShocckProof Heavy since new, off the show room floor.

I DON'T NEED the 7 speed BUT I WANT the 7 speed...

I have wanted the 7 speed since it became available...

Now with a Warmed:newsmile100: 103 in the bike ALL working just Fine...
I'll put that DD7 speed to good use behind that power house 103 motor...

NEXT, When Needed: either a new rebuild of the top end OR put into MY NEW 09 BIKE build: Might be a SnS 124... Now, that will increase the need for rear tires I know...:cry

I KNOW that the gear ratio of final 7th is the same as the 6th gear I have now... Gearing was Improved to run good in 6th gear after being too Tall in the earlier touring models. 09 is much improved there.

I don't need Taller gearing. The 7 speed 7th is the same 1:1 gearing. BUT the low IS lower and the 2 - 3 gearing is closer-ratio using ground Spur Gears, then utilizing fully diamond ground, helical gears in 1st & 4th-7th ... quiet n Smooth...

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

signed....BUBBIE

Congrats on the Baker. Let us know how the install goes when you get around to it.

Good on you, I remember when I first mentioned the 7 speed you were lets say not over whelmed with it, I hope it works good for you:s

That 7 speed sounds good Bubbie. I wish my 1st gear was a little lower, 6th is good but I only use it on the super slabs.

On the super slabs as you call them, that 6 speed original 09 cruise drive is perfect... 75 most places on Slabs and I do usually a bit more, 80-84 set on Cruise...
Well :s maybe short BURST to 130 or so...:newsmile055::newsmile036:

The low first gear is welcomed: to control the slow speed on U turning and without needing to clutch now and then, helps keep from putting a foot down...

Plus, it is another BONUS when Loaded down and Two up...

1st is helical=/ that makes it quiet then straight cut _ second and _ third (_ showing Straight-Cut gears) ...

back to /4, /5, /6, /7th ( / showing Helical gears)

Asked by BAKER: What tranny fluid do you use? Reply: Redline ShockPrroof Heavy........ Big Thumbs up from the Baker Tech...

signed....BUBBIE

On the super slabs as you call them, that 6 speed original 09 cruise drive is perfect... 75 most places on Slabs and I do usually a bit more, 80-84 set on Cruise...
Well :s maybe short BURST to 130 or so...:newsmile055::newsmile036:

The low first gear is welcomed: to control the slow speed on U turning and without needing to clutch now and then, helps keep from putting a foot down...

Plus, it is another BONUS when Loaded down and Two up...

1st is helical=/ that makes it quiet then straight cut _ second and _ third (_ showing Straight-Cut gears) ...

back to /4, /5, /6, /7th ( / showing Helical gears)

Asked by BAKER: What tranny fluid do you use? Reply: Redline ShockPrroof Heavy........ Big Thumbs up from the Baker Tech...

signed....BUBBIE

Redline and J &P got back to me finally seems J & P website has not been updated, I just did a 10K service, the fluid was clean and NO fuzz on the magnet, I am sold on Redline, Thanks Bubbie:s

I've been wanting to put the Baker 7 speed gears in my ride but I'm not ready to spend the $$$ yet. If I had Bubbie's money I'd have had them years ago. :s

Now I'll wait to hear Bubbie's report on how he likes the 7 speed and decide then. I think with my bike already geared down with a bigger clutch sprocket the 7 speed would give a low granny gear. :)

geezer,

WHY would you want a Granny? Stumps to Pull? :p

Using the DD7 Would make yours a Very Low, Granny Low Gear...

I think you are correct that you would have a Granny TOO Low... You would not like it low,low and have to use 2ond to take off in...
So there goes your 7 shifts.

Now if you removed you Gearing Sprocket Change :bigsmiley18:

I'm sure you don't want to do that...Lol That change you did is Much better left to the "6 speed Cruise Drive" in the bike now... Eh

signed....BUBBIE

I DO have a few stumps I need to pull and I thought I'd like to use my Harley. That way I could write it off on my income tax. :bigsmiley12::bigsmiley12:

The granny gear might be nice for slow take offs when I'm riding with my friend who has a Goldwing. :D

My clutch sprocket gearing has made the bike much nicer to ride and I can use 6th gear at 60 mph instead of waiting for 70 mph and a speeding ticket.

I'm still going to wait for your report on the DD7 after you had it in awhile. I'm sure you'll be happy with it. :s

Back