free website stats program Boo-boo | Harley Davidson Forums

Boo-boo

gator508

Experienced Member
Still can't believe this happened.

Last week I put my scoot on the trailer into the wheel chock, stripped it down, removed saddle bags, seat, sissy bar, and gave it a good bath. Did a wet polish and went to move it to a shady area for a dry polish. The bike's trans must not have been fully engaged in gear and it came out of the chock far enough to let go and fall against the trailer rail..oops Tank has ~ 8" long deep crease dent. I have probably had the bike on the trailer 50 times, never happened before. Perhaps I moved it out of gear while polishing.

To make a short story longer, called my insurance company, no problem except I'm out $500 deductible..ouch! Ran the bike by MDHD, they will replace the tank and associated hardware to the tune of $2193.14, custom paint, and about 4-6 weeks before they have it in, I guess I ride ugly for awhile.

Moral. If you put your bike on the trailer, tie it down, I know I will in the future. I hope someone avoids the same problem by reading this very sad story.

Good advice, I never tie mine down when I put it on the lift. Something to think about. I have 1000 ded and that would really hurt my feelings if I did something preventable and caused an accident.:cry

Boy that's a bummer Gator! Thanks for sharing, a wake up call for all of us.
WAP.gif

SO SAD...:cry

Maybe you could Pressurize the tank with CONTROLLED air pressure and take out some of the Ugly... Careful though...

One rider made his 5 gallon tank into a 5.2 doing that...:small3d015:

Just wouldn't Listen about the Controlled part....:newsmile070:

signed....BUBBIE

Well the ouchie part is behind me, just playing the waiting game. Not going to quit riding, the weather here is great, just be ridin' ugly:(

OUCH, when my Streetbob got wrecked it took 16 weeks for a new tank and fender, Olive Pearl and black

Back