free website stats program Bobtail Fender Rack | Harley Davidson Forums

Bobtail Fender Rack

Tripp

Banned
Time to start another thread on here lol... So gonna do some small upgrades to the 07 Softail Standard starting with a Bobtail Fender Rack that I got from J&P.! It seems simple to mount but it requires drilling 2 holes on the license plate bracket.! I see no way I can get a hand drill in there to do that unless I come up from the bottom some way and then still I risk not getting the holes spaced out and even doing it that way... So, J&P recommended removing the plate bracket and then drill... I see 2 bolts on each side underneath the fender that seems to be holding it on but I can't tell if they are any nuts on the outer side of the bolts? I'm sure someone on here has done this and I'm looking for riders that have done this install so I can do this smoothly without having unexpecting nuts and bolts falling out all over the place

Thanks man... Yeah I like it I think it looks good... I've got a nice twisted chrome sissy bar on the way from a seller on ebay that I'll be installing next.! The seller had only 4 old new stock of these and by the time I placed the order they was only one left...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210318-174743_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20210318-174743_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 17
Good job, the sissy bar is for a softail tail custom with the king/queen seat, it should fit yours as well. I have one on my 08 custom and one spare that has road rash

Man i really like those king/queen seats...! I'd rather have that style seat on mine. I believe one would fit the standard

Man i really like those king/queen seats...! I'd rather have that style seat on mine. I believe one would fit the standard

The seat mounts to the sissy bar and a metal strap on the frame by the rear of the gas tank. There are some available on ebay but you have to be careful of the quality. The 2 bolts on the back of the seat are sometimes over torqued and have to be remounted to the fiberboard. Another issue is whether the fender has the mounting hole to accept the sissy bar.

Right on... I'll research more into it... It doesn't look like there's any difference between the FXSTC and FXST though

Back