free website stats program Bluetooth requirements for 2014 FLHX | Harley Davidson Forums

Bluetooth requirements for 2014 FLHX

Biffy08

Does anyone know what is required, if anything, to the stock Infotainment 4.3 center on my 2014 Street Glide? I would like to connect my Samsung S3 smart phone.

If you go to set up and follow the prompts it looks like you can setup your phone to the Bluetooth ready infotainment unit. Boom! Box Infotainment System | Harley-Davidson USA

Yup. I have tried this twice and it did not see my phone in discovery mode. I could swear I remember the dealer saying the difference between the StreetGlide and the StreetGlide Special is the Infotainment version, 4.3 on the FLHX and 6.5 on the FLHXS, and that the FLHX would require a bluetooth connection module/download, but I honestly do have a horrible memory!:small3d023:
I will try the above procedure again. After that, I will call the service department.

I have a 2014 FHLTK and a Samsung GS3.I take My usb cable from My charger and plug into infotainment usb and it works fine.Finds all my songs and shows picture of the album in display.Your phone has an SD card In it?

First turn on bluetooth from phone top pull down menu. Second when bluetooth pop up menu appears select My device ( in My case SCH-S960L model).If You don;t do this it won't pair.
Turn on infotainment system , push ACCEPT then HOME button, then COM button,then PHONE button,then List Paired Devices button,then ADD NEW DEVICE.
At the same time push scan from pop up on phone.It will now pair.
This works for Me.:)

First turn on bluetooth from phone top pull down menu. Second when bluetooth pop up menu appears select My device ( in My case SCH-S960L model).If You don;t do this it won't pair.
Turn on infotainment system , push ACCEPT then HOME button, then COM button,then PHONE button,then List Paired Devices button,then ADD NEW DEVICE.
At the same time push scan from pop up on phone.It will now pair.
This works for Me.:)

Great idea. I didn't even think about using the charger with the usb. I will try this. But in your previous post you asked if my phone (a samsung s3 as well) has an SD card. Why, does it need to have one for this application?

Thanks for the suggestion!

I thought the infotainment system might not see music in internal memory.
So I pulled My sd card and it sees internal memory also.Learn something new everyday.:59:
I plan to use a 2 gig thumbdrive for My music.Then I won't have to pull My phone in and out when I stop.Of course bluetooth will solve that problem also.
But will usb keep phone charged when using bluetooth or playing music?Too cold here to find answer to that question.:D

Back