free website stats program Blinker/Tail light issue | Harley Davidson Forums

Blinker/Tail light issue

HarleyHottie

I have a 2012 Streetglide. I trailered it to FL from MI. When I got here I rode the bike for a little bit. When I turned the left blinker on, the green arrow stayed solid, it didn't blink. I got off the bike and checked the blinkers. The right worked but the left did not. I rode some more then I tried the blinker again. This time the green arrow was blinking so I got off and checked again. Now the right works and so does the left, however the tail lights are on continuously as well as the front markers. Any ideas what could be wrong. My marker lights are not supposed to be on all the time.

Are you sure they're not suppose to be on all the time? I believe they should be on when you turn the key on.

Markers will be on all the time as is the headlight.You could be having a sign of failure of left turn signal bulb.I would just remove and reseat them.If still under warranty,let the dealer figure it out.

Are you suggesting that the brake lights are staying on.? As Hartoo has suggested check the orientation of the bulbs in regards to the sockets. If not position correctly the turn can act erratic and the brake lights can stay on.

My initial guess would be the bulbs have shifted in the sockets during trailering, take off the covers and reseat them, also as Hartoo suggested a filament could be going bad.

Back