free website stats program Bliker problem | Harley Davidson Forums

Bliker problem

weasel096

I just got my first bike in my 39 yrs of life. I got a 2005 fxst Softail. So far the only prob I have is the front blinker lights stay on all the time. Not just the running lights but the brighter blinker light. This problem was there when I got the bike and the previous owner just removed the bulbs. From what he told me they stayed on with the key in the off position. Does someone have a diagram that would help me? I will be getting a service manual for it soon but in the meantime who can tell me what to do to fix this safety hazzard????

The previous owner put on some taller handle bars and cut all the wires and extended them to make them fit. I am in the process of putting stock bars back on and removing all this extended wiring.

It sounds as if the two wires that go to the lights themselves are reversed where they were spliced and the brighter filament is now being used as the running lights. Barring any other problems like the use of other than 1157 bulbs, these diagrams that were posted by Joyflyin should help you out.
Joy put a lot of time into copying and sending me these diagrams to post.

Softail Instrument Wiring - Harley Davidson Community

Thanks for the reply. Those diagrams are exactly what I was loooking for. Found the problem. There was 2 wires of the same color that were hooked up wrong. Took her out for our maiden voyage today and she runs great. Little cold blooded thou. Thanks again

Back