free website stats program Bird dropping removal | Harley Davidson Forums

Bird dropping removal

sg0522384

What can be used to remove bird droppings that have been baked into a hot exhaust tail pipe? Also, the same question for a rear fender. I've tried Ooops,
degreaser, auto polish/cleaner, nothing works.

I've had outstanding luck with 0000 Steel Wool on any of my chrome. It won't scratch the chrome at all. I use it routinely to get burned stuff off of my exhaust. Give it a try. You can pick up at the local hardware store for a buck.

I wouldn't use it on paint, though....

I lay a very wet cloth towel on any painted surface that I'm trying to remove dried bugs, or ? for 15 or 20 minutes. After that, use your normal cleaner and they should come off.

Take care,
Dave

A soapy wet towel left to set on the painted portion would do it, but the burnt "ooops" on the pipes, that's gonna take a lot more. I'd try the steel wool being very patient and careful, (traits I do not possess):small3d007:.

Try some oven cleaner on the pipes, on painted surfaces place a wet towel with some simple green cleaner, followed up with some pledge and micro fiber rags

I'd be real careful with the steel wool. I have found that Never Dull works on chrome.

If you try the oven cleaner, COVER EVERYTHING that's painted. That stuff will eat right thru the engine paint. Works great on warm exhaust though.

0000 Steel Wool is a gunsmith trick to get rust off of bluing without harming the actual bluing. It 0000 doesn't hurt bluing, it aint gonna hurt your chrome....

Or maybe I'm just crazy that way :s:p

Take care,
Dave

Back