free website stats program Bike want start | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike want start

roadking65

Hey from a newby! Helped a friend trailer his 06 Roadking home after it wouldnt start when time to go.Motor turns over fine but will not crank.Has had no problems or even a sign of any trouble.Engine light come back on for 6 to10 seconds and then goes off.Any suggestions?

Hey from a newby! Helped a friend trailer his 06 Roadking home after it wouldnt start when time to go.Motor turns over fine but will not crank.Has had no problems or even a sign of any trouble.Engine light come back on for 6 to10 seconds and then goes off.Any suggestions?

Not for sure here but did you mean engine turns over but will not fire?? Anyway -- there will be a lot of suggestions on this because it could be electrical (fuse, loose battery connection,etc) or fuel(pump,filter, fuel injectors?) . What have you & your friend checked out on the RK??

The bike is getting fire and we found no loose connection.When you cut the switch on you can here the fuel pump priming.

Thanks for the help! We pulled the breather off and sprayed gas in and the bike fired up. Talked to some local bros. and they said the fuel pump has gone out. Replaced the fuel pump and he is back on the road again! It is great to be able to come here and ask for help and get it from this site! I will tell all of my buds to join and spread the word!Thank you to all who responded!Glider you are a wise man! Your tech info allowed me to scan my bike and fix my problems!

Back